Thursday, March 26, 2009

 
I just re-read L'Engle's A Wrinkle in Time and found myself loving it as much at age 50 as I did in the 5th grade when our teacher read it to us.

Out of curiosity, I read some reviews of the book in Amazon and was struck by some with a pronounced Christian slant. A couple I read objected to the characterization of Jesus as a "fighter" or the mention of Buddha at all. What almost always strikes me is the blatant presentation of belief as fact, i.e. they seem to confuse believing with knowing, faith with fact. What is the real shame is that they usually seem unaware that of the confusion. Moreover, they often proceed to judge and damn others from their confused stance. And that, is the real rub.

So, for me, my challenge is to not want to change them. That's my spiritual path.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?