Monday, December 08, 2008

 
I was at party the other night and at it were a number of people quite different from me. That fact, via a later conversation, made me realize this: Not voicing a judgement about someone or something is not the same thing as not making a judgement in the first place. While controlling our actions is a good thing, if the mind isn't controlled, integrity is compromised. Control the mind and the actions will follow. Freeing the mind from the habit of judgement is, I think, a major step in spiritual growth and part of doing that is ceasing to cling to the desire that things be different than they are.

Less serious stuff:

Finished the first DVD of Outlaw Star. While I don't like the music too much and the quality of the animation is mediocre, I enjoy the characters and the overall story.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?