Friday, December 05, 2008

 
Attachments.

Boy, I can really cause myself some trouble with those things!

I speak with a friend on the phone and joy over the conversation manifests. And then it happens as it has before: I cling. I want a guarantee that I'll have more of it in the future. And then fear and anxiety about it threatens to obliterate the joy that was so obviously present not five minutes prior. The rollercoaster leaves the station!

My prayer is that I can learn to enjoy what comes my way, to accept the good in life, and to be able to trust that more will come, that I'll be OK, that I don't have to try to manipulate people and things to keep me safe, that safety is not in holding on tighter, but in letting go.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?