Friday, February 22, 2008

 
I am not, by natural bent, generous or compassionate. I am selfish to the core. The biggest lesson for me to learn in life is to love without thought of return.

I note clearly here that this does not imply martyrdom. In my training I am taught that it is indeed my own greed, hate and delusion that cause my suffering. I find that to be a verifiable fact of my existance when I am able to bring my mind back to center and find serenity in situations that cause me pain. Time and time again, when I take offense at something, upon further consideration it will become clear that I am clinging to a desire for something from someone. When I am able to stop clinging and let go of the desire, I return to a peaceful place and my world is transformed. When I act out love and compassion after letting go of selfish desires, I experience serenity I would have thought not possible.

And so, it is without a doubt the right thing to do, to show love and compassion to the people in my life in all cases.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?