Saturday, December 01, 2007

 
MMOG's fascinate me.

I've had an avatar in Entropia Universe for a couple years now and at one time spent perhaps 10 hours a week in there, which is not a lot by a lot of gamer's standards. Now, Entropia is expensive—for most players, around $1 to $1.50 per hour. That, combined with what feels like the impossibility of progressing via the small number of hours I play, plus life outside, has driven me out of it except for the occasional visit to say "hello" to a couple people.

I decided to sign up for a trial of EVE Online a couple days ago, am very impressed, and have the feeling that it will be my new online diversion of choice. It's very complex and will take a while to learn my way around, even at a novice level. Set in space, it's huge, composed of over 5000 solar systems. The biggest question is whether or not a non-hardcore player can feasibly enjoy a game this complex. I think it's possible and that the secret is in the attitude and approach. We'll see.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?