Tuesday, November 06, 2007

 
I really enjoyed Clint Eastwood's Letters from Iwo Jima the other night. As much as any part of the film, I enjoyed the fact that they used Japanese directly and subtitled it. Some may fine the subtitles tedious, but I find that after the first two minutes, I don't notice I'm reading anymore; I just experience the film.

The film illustrates the point that while governments run amock seem to start wars and other governments respond, thus joining the battle, a great number of souls involved are simply people that would rather be left alone to live their lives, raise their kids, and the like. Those people generally don't wish any harm to anyone until taught and/or incited to.

A fine film at any rate, well worth watching.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?