Tuesday, October 16, 2007

 
Yesterday, I fell into the trap of my own making:

I let someone's suffering create fear in me, fear that got the better of me and pushed my mind out of the moment into the past and future. While in the past, I grieved sins committed by and against me; while in the future, I feared suffering that may come to pass and grieved good things that may not come to pass.

The lesson is this: Stop clinging to what I desire someone to be. Then I can see them as they really are and be compassionate toward them. Then fear won't arise and I'll be able to stay in the present where I have everything I need in this moment.

What seems like a cold thing to do, that is, to let go of that desire regarding someone, will actually let me love them rather than my deluded view of them.

Certainly, this has to be the way to live.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?