Monday, October 22, 2007

 
A couple movies:

Flags of Our Fathers is a film that evoked a real meloncholy in me about war. By the end of it, and in light of the present situation, the most I can say about war is that I've never been involved, don't know anything about it, and shouldn't offer any opinion on it. While I may offer some sort of thought on political ideals, situations, and the like, those aren't war. Any time my position on an issue would imply war, I need to think long and hard about what I know and don't know and the people who are affected by people like me.

On a much lighter side, Buster Keaton's The General is a wonderful film from the silent era, a delight from start to finish. I remember watching a much older Keaton in short films when I was a child and only recently have learned how highly regarded he is. Roger Ebert's review of The General works as a great prelude to the film itself. Enjoy!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?