Tuesday, July 10, 2007

 
I'm not sure if I'm smiling or shaking my head about this piece of news from Spain. I'm really not.

Columnist John Derbyshire has some interesting things to say about the present state of culture in the US in light of a quote from Robert Heinlein. A thought provoking piece.

Oliver Kamm has a write-up about Japan's attitude of victimization at the New Republic.

Thinking of Heinlein takes me back to Junior High when I read my first science book, Citizen of the Galaxy. I had no way of knowing that it was widely regarded the best juvenile SF from the best writer in SF at the time, perhaps ever. Suffice it to say that it set a pretty high bar for all the other SF I read after that. I re-read it a while back and found I still like it a lot. I also re-read Hugo Award winning classic The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, enjoying it as much as the first time over thirty years ago.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?