Thursday, March 15, 2007

 
My mind is obviously not on regularly writing in here of late, but I will try to here and there.

In pursuit of that. . .

I really enjoyed 300 the other night. I'm very fond of Frank Miller's work all around and 300 was no exception. The Battle of Thermopylae certainly is legendary; I thought the movie told the story well and in fine style.

I visited a chiropractor several times in the last couple weeks to get my neck adjusted after, it seems, that my lever exercises yanked a vertebrae out of alignment. My overall impression is: What a wonderful service!

I did hold a one-legged lever for 17 seconds last week, but my neck really was sore afterward. I think the asymmetry of the one-legged one is the real problem and that a slightly tucked two legged one may be better for me to use at this stage. I'll try it as soon as my neck is better.

A dear friend sent me links to a couple O. Henry stories: A Municiple Report and The Last Leaf. Stories can be written in all styles, but frankly, I'm not sure the writing can get any better. I had only remembered a favorite from childhood, The Ransom of Red Chief. Wonderful stuff.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?