Saturday, October 14, 2006

 
Thursday, I finished reading John Irving's A Prayer for Owen Meany. It took me a while to get fully engaged with it, mostly because the descriptions are very detailed and I'm not a very fast reader. In the end, thought, I enjoyed it quite a lot. Owen Meany himself is a unique character in all of my reading. If you enjoy settling into a book and letting the immersion wash over you, you may like this book. I did.

In a different vein, I also recently read Frank Miller's graphic novel -- originally published as limited series of four comic books -- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns. I find that I'm really enjoying serious comic-style works. I've always loved comic book art, but the subjects were normally written for kids, and perhaps this one may be targeted toward teens or twenty-somethings, but I -- in my late 40's -- still enjoyed it quite a lot.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?