Wednesday, October 25, 2006

 
Lately, I haven't sat down and gotten focused to write much except emails to people; I notice when I write long emails I don't blog as much. I guess there's only so many words I have inside me. Who knows?

Since the climbing trip that I documented in here, I've continued bouldering in a local climbing gym and am encouraged by the progress. I'm able to perform problems now that I couldn't even make a respectable start on ten weeks ago. I do love the feeling of the movement in climbing. I hope to never be too old to get back to something fun.

Flute is progressing as well. I play most on the weekends, seemingly embodying the plight of the amateur musician: We practice when there are fewer people around to annoy. I'm at the point now that I can improvise a little bit with a record if it's in the right key. The fingering for some keys is just a bit awkward yet and so, for the moment, I stay away from them. A real plus for the flute is that it's easy take along when I travel.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?