Monday, October 02, 2006

 
A couple odds and ends this morning...

A software vendor last week, in exchange for half an hour of my time, gave me an iPod Shuffle, although not the new little clip one, but the one about the size of a pack of gum. Very nice and I see why people like them. Honestly, given a power amp and speakers, you could do away with the home stereo and just use an iPod along with your computer. Of course, you could do away with the iPod and just use the computer, too.

A laptop I have at home just yesterday got utterly crushed by adware and even worse, as it turns out I think, a virus as well. Windows Defender did its best, but later WebRoot's Spy Sweeper removed a host of other adware widgets that Defender didn't get. The virus is still on there and not addressed by either product and so I have to work that out.

I don't think I posted on it until now, but my daughter got her black belt the week before last. She performed very well on her test, a 6th dan instructor saying after the fact that there was "never a doubt". I was quite the proud father. The six year journey on that path now complete, further training certainly a possibility, she's now free to focus on and finish out high school without that hanging over her and perhaps move on to other things.

Climbing, actually bouldering, at the gym has been fun lately, and after a little nervousness about my hands being able to take the punishment, the future looks bright along these lines. I took the kids and my daughter's friend to the gym Saturday and they had a great time. My 10 year old seems to have a real feel for it. My other daughter, the one with the black belt, is getting climbing shoes and a chalk bag for her birthday this week. I foresee a lot of fun for her.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?