Monday, September 11, 2006

 
A few thoughts after getting the climbing pictures posted...

Today is September 11th. September. Eleventh. Yes, that day.

There's a war on and I hope we don't let up. There are people out there that want to take down Western civilization just because of what it is, not what it does. They need to be defeated, and it will probably take killing them to do it. This thing needs to be driven to a proper finish and nothing else is acceptable.

Period.

On a lighter note, the US Open Tennis tournament I found tremendously enjoyable. Sharapova erased any doubts. Navratilova capped perhaps the most legendary tennis career ever by winning the Mixed Doubles title at age 49 (!), and Roger Federer was simply superb in winning Men's Singles.

And I must say, reading about Federer and Tiger Woods becoming friends, that nice guys can certainly finish first. By all accounts, they are both very fine people, decent human beings. To me, that's simply the cherry on the icing on the cake. Their excellence is inspiring, their humanity heartwarming. My hat's off to them both and I wish them well.

Back to climbing for a second...

I notice people bouldering in the gym just like my partner and I used to years ago. It's just great: Working out the sequences, talking over the moves, having another try at a problem. Good stuff and I think it helps push the skill level up and up.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?