Wednesday, August 02, 2006

 
This morning I saw tangible evidence of the wide-eyed innocence and naivete of a 7 year old. My son drew a picture of a new drone creature he thought the makers of Entropia Universe should implement. He shoed it to me; I chuckled and thought it was cute. On the way to my car which was parked by the mailbox I noticed the flag was up. Upon looking inside, there was a letter from my son to Mindark, no address, a 2 cent stamp on it, with a note to the mailman taped to it that said something on the order of "Dear mailman, I know the address is wrong, but can you send this to Mindark? Thanks".

It made me smile.

Then it broke my heart as I thought about how life takes that away from people as they age. I've said to my wife many times that it's one of the hardest things about being a parent, that is, to watch our children lose that innocence and learn what the world is really like. It's a loss that I feel very deeply from time to time.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?