Thursday, August 10, 2006

 
I just got through watching Horowitz in Moscow after loving the CD for many years: What a performance!

I consider it a remarkable representation of the legacy of human civilization in general and Western Civilization in particular. Connecting events and efforts spanning centuries are required to bring about such a moving event: The development of Western music; the industry that enables the development and construction of the intruments; the craftsmen that care enough to imbue them with such expressive capabilities; the composer to write the incredible pieces; and a pianist who dedicated a life to understanding and playing that music on that instrument. Add in the people who designed and built the hall, the city, the agriculture that supports the population density that allows cities to occur, and on and on.

The fact that I am constructed so that I react with such joy over things like Horowitz's playing strengthens my belief in My Lord.

Rational or not, that's how it seems to me.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?