Tuesday, May 09, 2006

 
Finished Delany's Times Square Red, Times Square Blue the other day. A very interesting analysis of cross-class contact in an urban environment and how it relates to urban planning in general, and the Times Square renovation project in particular. If you've read my blog before, you'll know that I love Delany's writing, but I'll mention one thing here: His wonderful prose style that can connote such a palpable atmosphere in a story at times seemed a little out of place in the essay form where raw information communication and clarity may be more valuable and appropriate. Still, I highly recommend the book. From his writing, he's the kind of guy I'd love to sit down to dinner with and talk about the world.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?