Thursday, April 13, 2006

 
I finished a couple more of Samuel R. Delany's older books, from the 60's, in fact: Empire Star and The Ballad of Beta-2, enjoying both quite a lot. They're both short quick reads, the first not even 100 pages, the other around 120 or so.

Over the years, as I have admired Delany's style and imagination, he's become my favorite author. Some of his fantasy writing I've attempted and just not finished. They didn't hook me the way others of his work did. I'm sure I'll have another go at them at some point.

Ran across haiku today, mentioned in Delany's Times Square Red, Times Square Blue. A neat idea. Also ran across semiotics in a reference to some of Delany's work. Just linking them here so I don't forget about it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?