Tuesday, February 07, 2006

 
Keeping track of things that take a little finding: An interesting movie called Time Code. At's all shot in a single take of about 93 minutes. The screen is split into quarters, all running at the same time. The volume of the sound will draw your attention from one screen to the other. Very interesting to watch. Ebert gave it three stars in the review I linked to.

I'm currently reading The Female Man by Joanna Russ. I'm loving the writing so far. Russ is gay and unapologetically feminist. So be it. Tangentially related, I understand a lot of women are abused by men and I would, by and large, just as soon have those men shot for it, but frankly I tire of the venom that comes out of the feminist press directed at men in general. You, know, we all didn't do those things to you. Quite a few of us are decent human beings. Direct your rage appropriately.

The Muslim cartoon issue is almost beyond belief. Or as I said to a friend on a similar matter, all too easy to believe. Some thoughtful essays on the subject are found here at National Review Online.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?