Friday, January 20, 2006

 
Here is something regarding aid to Africa. Not what I would have thought at first glance, but it makes sense in a lot of ways. Quite thought provoking.

Last weekend, my wife and I saw Marina Alexandra in concert. Delightful! Classical guitar played with a beautiful touch in a small venue. It was the kind of thing that anyone who plays guitar of any style would appreciate.

And on music, I've been helping my wife learn to play the 2nd movement of Mozart's Eine Kliene Nachtmusik on piano. It's a simple arrangement for a beginner. Measures 5 - 8 have timing that feels a little funny. When she put on a record of it, I could hear that the performance on the recording was interpreting the timing and not playing it mechanically as written. Very appropriate and a great example of the difference between playing the notes and playing music.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?